A Passion For Life
Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Vocational Services and the Director of Vocational Services, Job Coaches support individuals with disabilities with jobsite support to ultimately become independent in the workplace.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license. Must maintain driving record that meets criteria for insurability at Range Center, Inc
- Able to pass a criminal back ground study as required by MN Statue 254C.
- At least 18 years of age (required for driving and medication administration).
- Negative reading on Mantoux test, negative chest x-ray or physician’s certification of non-contagious status before providing direct care.
- Demonstrated ability to read and effectively respond to work related materials.
- Must be able to push, lift and transfer individuals weighing more than 50 pounds with two assist and/or mechanical lifts repeatedly throughout the shifts, as individual needs warrant. Must be able to perform regular household lifting.
- Physical examination may be requested by Range Center, Inc.
- Recommendation for employment by Associate Director of Vocational Services and the Director of Vocational Services.
Job Coach Duties:
- Implement the individuals’ program plans and strategies as written and at frequency stated in the plan; work with each person on his or her individual objectives
- Understand and follow CSSP Addendum, IAPP & SMA and know how to access these documents.
- Accurately implement formal and informal behavior programming.
- Serve as a role model and mentor, demonstrating desired behaviors, and coach the individual using approved techniques and strategies.
- If applicable to the individual, apply therapeutic intervention techniques as needed to individuals with verbal or physical aggression.
- Assist employee in changing behaviors which inhibit their success.
- Assure safety of all employees.
- Communicate as necessary with the Associate Director of Vocational Services and the Director of Vocational Services.
- Provide transportation to the employee as needed.
Employee and Jobsite Support:
- Provide vocational supervision and training.
- Assist employee in managing their schedule and communication of this schedule with staff as necessary.
- Fulfill Range Center, Inc.’s commitments to jobsites by ensuring assigned tasks are completed and the expectations of the jobsite are met.
- Support the individual in their position in a manner that offers independence and autonomy.
- It is important NOT to do the work for or with the employee but rather support them to do the positon.
- Communicate if the individual is struggling with a new position, this would be a time for you to reach out to your supervisor to problem solve.
Community Involvement and Leadership:
- Develop positive relationships with local employers, county social workers, program associates and their families.
- Present yourself in a professional manner and model this behavior to potential employees when participating in any job development tasks.
- Submitting employment applications.
- Collecting employment applications or following up on completed applications.
- Complete other assigned tasks as necessary for Range Center, Inc. to fulfill its commitments and mission.
- Adhere to Vulnerable Adult reporting procedures.
- Supervise individuals at all times to ensure programming and optimum quality of lift.
- Remain awake on all shifts.
- Work as scheduled, arriving on time and staying to end of shift until relief staff are on duty or a charge person has given approval to leave.
- Obtain and maintain all required certifications such as med, CPR/FA as required by regulation and Range Center, Inc. policy.
- Meet all staff training requirements.
- Pursues opportunities for professional growth and shares knowledge and resources with others.
- Acts in a professional manner and communicates effectively with others; supports and contributes to an environment of trust, sharing, growth and mutual support; maintaining, positive interpersonal relationships with co-workers by providing feedback as appropriate.
- Focus on the individual rather than the disability.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information about each person, their families and the organization.
- Adhere to Employee Conduct Expectations and other Range Center Policies.
- Accurately complete personal documentation such as time card, requests for time off, etc.
- Conduct and present yourself competently while on Range Center, Inc. business, both in the workplace and in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
While working as a Job Coach employees may be required to deal with the following conditions:
- Unconventional schedules.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Possible exposure to profanity, violent behavior and or offensive behavior from the individuals receiving services.
- Continuously use hand for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation.
- Continuously be able to manage and cope in sometimes stressful situations.
- Frequently the employee will be required to:
- Lift and carry 25-100lbs
- Squat, kneel, stoop
- Twist upper body
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands may vary for each person served.